The renovated Center will be filled with the creative energy of the most exciting artists and allow us the flexibility to showcase a broader range of events.
By increasing the seating capacity and installing a more flexible stage and floor plan, The Center will be less dependent on renting outside venues and will be better able to expand its mission in its own home. New retractable seating will greatly increase the flexibility and comfort for our audience. The Center will be able to accomodate 108 for cabaret performances, 252 on the floor and 240 in retractable tiered seating. We can also hold large dance concerts for 750.
Most significantly, the revitalized Center will allow us to deepen our impact on our city and community through the transformative power of the arts. We invite you to join us as we create a powerful new Center for the Arts in the heart of downtown Grass Valley. The Center has raised over $2 million towards this project and recently launched more opportunities for the public to get involved with making a contribution.
The new venue will include:
- A 492-seat theater with retractable seating for comfort and flexibility to allow for intimate cabaret performances, seated concerts, banquets and dance concerts.
- Expanded gallery space that will serve as a beacon to art lovers everywhere.
- Welcoming lobby with expanded bar and concessions.
- ADA-accessible box office and front entrance
- An unrivaled state-of-the-art sound system.