Box Office Attendant
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
JOB PURPOSE: This position engages with all of The Center’s patrons including the public, members, and other donors. Box Office Attendants are responsible for answering questions about events, memberships, and programs as well as selling tickets and memberships.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Operate the Box Office.
– Answer phones and emails in a professional manner.
– Sell tickets, memberships and artwork (when appropriate).
– Ensure proper record keeping of all transactions.
– Other office duties as assigned.
– Close box office
– Prepare daily box office report and reconciliations forms, deposit slips and deposits.
– Maintain and update the outgoing voicemail message as required.
– Center OnTheGo Events
– Relocate and operate box office and will call.
– Train and oversee box office volunteers (ticket takers, scanners, will call, etc).
– Break down and return box office and equipment to The Center.
– Generate, edit, publish, and share social media content(original text, images, video, and HTML)
– Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
– Moderate user-generated social media content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
– Outstanding customer service skills.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required.
– Must be able to multitask.
– Full comprehension and use of Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and basic computer use.
– Practical problem solving.
– Basic math skills required.
– Ability to train and work with volunteers.
– Ability to use various ticketing programs including Vendini Ticket Agent, iCheck & Donor Pro.
– Familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
Part Time – 10 – 20 hours per week
Time varies based on event needs. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
This a hands on, non-exempt, customer facing position.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com