The Marketing Manager manages promotion and marketing for The Center programs including concerts, arts education programs, special events, classes and fundraising drives. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager will help to develop and execute the marketing strategy for The Center and support The Center’s five year strategic plan for audience development.
Duties of the Marketing Manager include:
- Build messaging and content for both online and live in person events.
- Overseeing the company’s marketing budget.
- Work with the Development Manager to carry out sponsorship requests.
- Work with Graphic Designer in preparing online emails, print and digital campaigns.
- Oversee Graphic Designer and Digital Content Coordinator.
- Create press releases, coordinate all public relations and communications activities.
- Manage and improve audience development and subscription efforts by measuring results and analyzing ticket buyer data.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analyzing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
Requirements of the role:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in marketing required
- Knowledge of marketing programs such as WordPress and Adobe Suite, and email programs
- Strong database experience and knowledge of salesforce or Patron Manager a plus
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Strong creative outlook
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Apply by sending COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 2001, The Center for the Arts is a cultural and educational organization located in Northern California that promotes and presents literary, visual, and performing arts for the enrichment of our community. For the past 20 years, we have been the cultural hub of Nevada County. The Center’s productions have been viewed by a combined audience of more than 350,000 people. The Center also produces a four day global music festival, California WorldFest, every July which has 5,000 daily attendees. The Center has a long history of presenting world class talent, drawing diverse audiences, and providing a rich and inspiring arts scene in our premier venue.
In 2018, The Center broke ground on a $6 million capital campaign to make critical improvements to its theater and to increase its seating capacity. The Center now boasts an unrivaled, state-of-the-art, Meyer sound system as well as 492 luxury seats. Our newly renovated facility was slated to have its grand opening in March 2020 — on the literal eve of the shelter-in-place orders prompted by COVID-19. We look forward to producing an outdoors summer series and a Grand RE-opening in the Fall of 2021.