We’ve watched it for years on television and now it’s time to see it Nevada County Style! Nevada County celebrities will kick up their heels to raise money for The Center for the Arts in the Fifth annual Dancing with our Stars competition on August 26th. Whatever their favorite dance style may be – ten regional celebrity dancers have accepted the challenge to train with a professional dancer and compete in front of a live audience and a distinguished panel of judges for the Dancing with our Stars champion title.
The Center is pleased to present this years’ ten celebrity dancers and their partners. Dancing with our Stars is the largest annual fundraiser for The Center and each star contestant has committed not only to dance their heart out but to also raise money for The Center. The money raised will help fund initiatives such as The Center’s Youth Arts education programs which includes free Family Fun Day and provides valuable scholarships for Summer Camps and access to after school arts programming. Each team includes local stars paired with pros who will compete Saturday, August 26 at Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Grass Valley.
The event begins on the Red Carpet at 6pm, a VIP cocktail reception from 6:30pm to 7:30pm, and the dancing kicks off at 8pm.
This year’s dancers include:
- • Alison Kenyon Season 3 finalist on Skin Wars, owner of Body Masterpiece body painting, and local family favorite “Penney the Clown”
- With Dance Pro Brian Arsenault
- • Chad Conner Crow Lead vocalist for bands: Earles of Newtown and Grease Grit and Grime, Event Producer for As the Crow Flies Presents
- With Dance Pro Dori Delgado
- • Dan Maliszewski, Owner, Maliszewski Construction
- With Dance Pro Melissa Stewart
- • Haven Caravelli, owner Center for Movement
- With Dance Pro Marissa Hernandez
- • Mike Melas, owner Melas Energy Engineering
- With Dance Pro Natina Pistone
- • Richard Baker, Owner of Siteline Architecture in Nevada City
- With Dance Pro Maria DiCintio
- • Robert Rossman, Audio-book Narrator for Audible, Amazon, and iTunes – and the Artistic Director for Sierra Stages Community Theatre
- With Dance Pro Kate Haight
- • Sonika Tinker, relationship specialist, author and owner of Love Works for You
- With Dance Pro Martin Bullo
- • Steve Conrad, Personal Trainer, Fit Culture Studio
- With Dance Pro Denay Woodman
- • Yolanda Ruiz Williges, “Healthy Kids” Program Educator-Director at Deer Creek Elementary School in Nevada City
- With Dance pro Chris Marcum
There are three ways to win! Mirrorball trophies will be awarded to the couple that raises the most funds before the event, the couple with the most “votes’ the night of the show and the grand prize will go to couple with the highest combined judges scores. You can help your favorite team take home a mirror ball by sponsoring them and buying tickets so you can “stuff the ballot boxes” on show night! Don’t miss out on being a part of the most glamorous night in Nevada County. Tickets are on sale now!
For more information please contact:
Amber Jo Manuel
Director of Development
530-274-8384 Ext. 21