The Center strives to be a premier venue and arts organization that provides a wide variety of outstanding arts programs with the ultimate goal of making the arts available for all.
Our vision is to provide a legacy for the enrichment of our community.
When you support The Center, you are making an investment in:
Our Quality of Life – The Center for the Arts brings people together to share, inspire, nurture, educate, and enjoy arts and culture of all types.
The Local Economy – Our events attract visitors who also spend their dollars at our local businesses .
Our Children – To ensure that they have viable and vibrant arts education programs and drug-free creative activities.
Our Teens – To encourage creative thinking through writing, poetry, theater, and visiting artist workshops.
A planned gift is a creative way for you to pursue your charitable and financial goals. But its greatest benefit lies in knowing that you are supporting work that is important to you, to your community and especially to the arts for generations to come.
A planned gift to The Center will help provide a lasting legacy for the arts in our community.
The Center annually supports
50,000+ visitors per year
800+ stellar volunteers
2000+ fabulous members/sponsors
Over 150 events
Joining The Center Circle
There are many ways to join THE CENTER CIRCLE and leave a lasting legacy for the arts in our community. A planned gift is a creative way for you to pursue your charitable and financial goals while supporting work that is important to you.
- A bequest is a gift from your estate and the simplest way to support The Center. Through a simple provision in your will you may specify a dollar amount, percentage of, or the residue of your estate be given to The Center.
- LIFE INCOME GIFT
- A life income gift can provide you with income and leaves a gift for charity in the future. Creating a Charitable Remainder Trust, or other life income gift is a great way to support The Center while also taking care of yourself or your loved ones. A life income gift may entitle you to significant tax savings.
- LIFE INSURANCE
- Often overlooked, you can name The Center as a partial or sole beneficiary of your life insurance policy, or you may be able to gift the policy itself. Consider creating a new policy or donate a paid up policy whose coverage you no longer need, receiving an immediate tax deduction.
- RETIREMENT PLANS
- Naming The Center as a sole or partial beneficiary of your retirement plan (401k, IRA etc.) can be an important tax reduction strategy.
- REAL ESTATE/PERSONAL PROPERTY
- Donating real estate can be an attractive strategy for benefiting The Center while disposing of property in a tax-efficient manner. Making a gift of debt-free property to The Center may allow you to avoid capital gains taxes.
- SECURITIES – STOCK
- Donating highly appreciated stock is one of the most tax-efficient ways to give. You receive a deduction equal to the fair market value of the stock at the time of the transfer (its increased value), and never pay capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock.
THE CENTER CIRCLE recognizes thoughtful and generous individuals who make provisions for The Center through their wills or estate plans. Center Circle members receive the following benefits:
- Invitations to special Center Circle events
- Center Circle lapel pin
- Your name engraved on the Center Circle plaque. If you prefer to give anonymously, your gift will not be recognized publicly.
If you have already named us in your estate plans, please let us know. We would be delighted to thank you and welcome you into THE CENTER CIRCLE. We hope your gift will inspire others to make a similar commitment to the future of The Center for the Arts.
If you would like to meet with us to discuss a planned gift, please call our Director of Development, Amber Jo Manuel (530) 274-8384 Ext. 21.
The Center for the Arts is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation.