More than just a venue, The Center for the Arts has become “the heartbeat of the community” and a beacon for the arts, attracting world-class artists and thousands of visitors to the area every year.
Today, an exciting transformation of The Center is in progress, and you can be a part of the improvements taking place by supporting The Center Capital Campaign, naming a seat or by joining the Next Stage Crew. As a Crew member, your annual three-year contribution of $250 or more will help prepare the stage and summon the magic for a spectacular Grand Opening in fall 2019.
Next Stage Crew members will get an exclusive preview of The Center’s improvements for the audience, including:
- A demonstration of the new state-of-the-art LEOPARD sound system by Meyer Sound. The extraordinarily accurate and nuanced sound produced by the new system will enhance every performance and make it truly magical.
- A Next Stage Crew reception in the expanded lobby with its increased gallery space featuring artists from Nevada County and beyond. Audiences will have more room to mingle and enjoy refreshments with friends during Intermission.
- A private sampling of the tasty refreshments offered at the 22-foot-long combined bar and concessions area, featuring local wine and beers on tap, handcrafted kombucha, and other delectables.
- A peek at the expanded restroom facilities for both Ladies and Gents. No more long lines with nine stalls in the women’s restroom and three stalls in the men’s, and more time for patrons to relax with friends between performances and during intermission.
- A tour of the new auditorium with its increased seating capacity from 314 to 492 seats— all either retractable or completely removable! The increased flexibility of retractable seating will create exciting new opportunities for diverse quality programming for The Center such as intimate cabarets, seated banquets and more room to dance!
- A demonstration of the luxurious new seating, which offers greater comfort and maintains the venue’s cozy feel. The ergonomic wooden armrests enhance everyone’s experience. Audiences will applaud the comfort of the new seating!
- A presentation of the new ADA-approved accommodations including a wheelchair ramp at the front entrance, accessible seating, and premium Copper Loop assistive listening devices for those with hearing loss—the same advanced technology used at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Your commitment as a Next Stage Crew member will help transport Nevada County’s premier performing arts center to the next level of performance magic!
For more information, contact Membership Associate, Jason Patton at 530.274.8384 x202.