The Center For The Arts Presents Winter Theater Dance Camp
February 2 – March 25, 2021
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 3:30 - 5:00 PM
Off Center Stage
- Taught by Dinah Smith
(Ticket price includes $2 facility fee for in-person events where applicable. Fees for online purchases may apply.)
Bring your curiosity and passion for theater!
In Class you will:
• Explore the Principles of Good Acting
• Develop Believable Characters
• Learn Audition Tips and Techniques
• Learn and Perform Choreography from Broadway Musicals and Movies
Developed for students ages 8–14, classes are taught at Off Center Stage, located behind The Center for the Arts.
- Fee: $300
- Off Center Stage
315 Richardson Street • Grass Valley, CA [map]
- Dates & Times
- Tuesdays & Thursdays,
- February 2 – March 25
3:30 – 5pm
- Instructor: Dinah Smith.
As a Director, Choreographer, Actor, Teacher/Coach, Dinah has worked in the Entertainment Industry and as a Performing Arts Educator/performer since the 70’s. She has directed, choreographed, or performed locally for Sierra Stages, LeGacy, Paul Emery, Placer Community Theatre, Lake Wildwood, Synthetic Unlimited, and other independent Producers. She has performed locally with Legacy, Placer Community Theatre, CATS, and Quest Theatre Works. Most recently she appeared as Claree in Steele Magnolias. As a certificated teacher, Dinah’s extensive teaching career (all in the performing arts) includes private, & public schools. Dinah has been teaching for the Center since 2014
Questions? Contact Programs Manager, Brynn Farwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our Youth Arts Sponsors and anonymous private donors, we are proud to offer $10,000 in Scholarships for Summer Camps and Classes in order to increase access to the arts for youth in our community.
Covid-19 Protocols for 2021 Arts Education
• Face coverings (mask, shield, cover) will be highly recommended for students participating in youth arts programming. Free disposable face masks will be available in each camp and must be used if children are not able to be six feet apart. Cloth face masks will be required for all instructors and aides in the classrooms.
• Capacity Limitations will be strictly enforced to ensure children are spaced six feet apart. 10 participants will be allowed in each session.
• Social Distancing must be maintained at all times during classes. This will be monitored by the instructors and the aides. Class activities will encourage distancing throughout the programs.
• Hand Washing will be required at the beginning of the class and after the break time for all students in the session.
• Wellness Checks will be conducted for all students upon arrival with a no touch thermometer.
• Food Snacks and water will not be provided and should be brought from home. Sharing of food or snacks will not be permitted among students.
For more info please refer to our COVID-19 Business Operations Plan.
More Upcoming Youth Classes at The Center
- Monday, February 1st - Thursday, March 25th
- Tuesday, February 2nd - Thursday, March 25th