- This event has passed.
The Center For The Arts Presents Winter Dance
Main Stage Theater
- December 1, 7:00pm
- Doors open at 6:00pm
- December 2, 1:00pm & 7:00pm
- Doors open at 12:00pm & 6:00pm
After more than a decade of tradition, the annual winter dance has one again come to the Center for the Arts! Winter Dance is a wonderful display of the variety of dance groups throughout Nevada County, showcasing a multitude of genres including jazz, hip hop, aerial, salsa, and more! The dancers themselves vary in age from children to adults and experience from beginners to advanced! This annual event truly is a showcase of the talent of dance in this county!
Featuring local dance organizations
- Anderson’s Step It Up
- Anderson’s Step It Up Dance Studio offers classes in lyrical, jazz, tap, tumbling, hip hop, competition team & more. There is a class for every age and ability.
Anderson’s Step It Up Dance Studio has an award-winning competitive dance team which travels all over California. Our team of dancers are represented in most of our area schools, while the local Nevada City studio itself offers classes in a variety of dance styles including lyrical, tumbling, tap, hip hop and clogging. Our dance team competes in nationwide talent events and has already secured top seating in Sacramento, the Bay Area, and we hope to travel to Disneyland in the future. You may have seen our team’s success highlighted in The Union newspaper or at local competitions, events, pageants, and recitals. Auditions for team spots can be arranged by emailing the owner.
- E R A Dance Company
- As a company, we lean heavily on expression directly from the heart, opening our audience to a soul awakening experience. D.C. focuses on each other as a team and will continue to grow as a collective unit while working on our individual perspectives of love and how that ripples out within our community.
Through out rehearsal there is open discussion about how we work with and treat others, as we are constantly uplifting one another, in and outside of practice. Other discussion topics include social justice issues and personal physical and mental health.
We travel and train together outside of our base location whenever we can and support local artists as a group by attending shows around town.
With that said, Del Corazon trains 4-10 hours a week within the company, though most dancers are training up to 4 hours a week outside of our rehearsals. There are always at least two adult instructors in every rehearsal and we host master teachers, young teachers in training and guest choreographers as often as possible. Strength of heart, mind and body are the primary focus, as we aim to only soften perspective, cultivate compassionate and raise awareness to the power of love.
- Salsa Sierra
- Lucy Galbraith is the owner of Salsa Sierra and has been teaching Salsa for many years.
She has taught many things throughout her life – from swimming to seminars
on many photography, video and computer related topics.She was also an aerobics instructor for over 15 years.
Lucy has the ability to follow and lead plus an abundance of patience. “I’ve taken many dance classes throughout my life, but when I tried Salsa I knew I’d found my passion! Teaching Salsa is a true joy for me.”
Leon Fletcher, is her partner in dance and in life. He is a fantastic asset and also a patient and kind teacher.
“Teaching large amounts of people takes a lot of help. I am blessed with many advanced Salsa dancers who help me out on a regular basis. Many thanks to all of you!”
- At Sierra Dance Institute, we offer a wide variety of dance classes for adults, teens, and children in a fun & vibrant atmosphere. We’re located at the Grass Valley Center for the Arts in historic downtown Grass Valley.
Our classes include all levels of Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern and Tap. We offer creative dance classes for children as young as 2 years old, and a variety of classes for 4-6 year olds.
- Nevada City High School Theatrical Dance
- In the Theatrical Dance Program at Nevada Union High School, we study several different styles of dance, including ballet, modern, contemporary jazz, character, and hip hop. We also study choreography, dance history, and dance in world cultures.
We offer classes in beginning, intermediate and advanced theatrical dance, as well as an after-school Performance Ensemble class. In the beginning levels, we have students with a wide variety of abilities. Some have never danced before, and others may have some dance training but need to focus on mastery of basic skills. Enrollment in intermediate or advanced dance is by audition only, and enrollment in Performance Ensemble requires additional rehearsals and participation in our dance concerts. We provide a variety of performance opportunities for students who are taking the class for performing art credit. The class may also fulfill the second year of P.E. credit.
- The Aerial Lab
- The Aerial Lab is an aerial and circus arts studio and community that offers classes in aerial silks, trapeze, rope (corde lisse), lyra (aerial hoop), aerial yoga, aerial barre, bungee and more! We also feature a talented performance group available for events!
- Tendu Fondu
- When small town ballerinas and jazz dancers discovered a love of Kpop, Tendu Fondu was born!
*Subject to availability
Members Enjoy These Exclusive Benefits
*Subject to availability