REHEARSALS & PRODUCTION DATE INFO:
Rehearsal calls will be based on which characters and scenes are worked each day. Therefore, your child may not be called to every rehearsal listed below. Specific rehearsal calls will be emailed and posted one week ahead of schedule. ALL dates and times should be saved to ensure that your child is available when needed.
Sat. June 4 (9:30-12:30) – Off Center Stage Theatre
Mandatory Parent & Cast Meeting / Cast Picture / Reading of Script
Rehearsals (1:30-4:30) – Off Center Stage Theatre
June 14,15,16,21,22,23,28,29,30 & July 5,6,7,12,13,14,18,19
– The audition form will ask for any dates/times that child cannot rehearse. Always be honest about availability. Holidays and summer events may be able to be considered. Excessive absences may result in child not participating in show.
– Actors should be dropped off and picked up promptly. Guardians may not observe rehearsals, but can wait in lobby if needed.
– An actor will never be called for less than 1 hr. Actors called for an entire day will be given a 15min. snack break.
Tech/Dress Rehearsal Week – Marisa Funk Theatre
July 25,26,27,28 (Times TBD)
– Attendances are mandatory. Child should not audition if they have conflicts on these dates.
PERFORMANCES – Marisa Funk Theatre
July 29 – 6:30 (5:30 actor call)
July 30 – 3:30 & 6:30 (2:30 & 5:30 actor call)
July 31 – 3:30 (2:45 actor call)
– Child should not audition if they have conflicts on these dates.
Guardians are responsible for providing child’s base costume. This base may be altered or embellished in order to achieve a cohesive look. Additional pieces or accessories will be provided by CFTA, if needed. This will be discussed at June 4th meeting.
The $150 fee helps to cover the cost of scripts, production royalty fees, Director and Set Designer fees, publicity, set and costume supplies and more! Scholarships are available & Consent forms are required for participation. (If you have already completed this form in 2022, you are not required to complete it again)
Our Play: THE EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES
A mischievous trio of “tailors” comes up with a get-rich-quick scheme to convince a vain emperor to wear their magic in clothes. They claim that only smart people can see these amazing garments. Will everyone just pretend to see the clothes? Will these three schemers get away with the jewels and gold? Is there anyone brave enough to tell the truth? Perfect for the entire family this two-act production will leave you in stitches.
Our Cast of Characters
– Danny Da Drum, Zella Bella, Horatio Hornblower, Tin-A-Ling, Tin Whistle & Huey Kazooie: Orchestra members who narrate and take us along for the re-telling of this fun tale.
– Petra, Polly & Pea Patch: Lazy siblings who come up with a get-rich scheme and proclaim themselves as “Magic Tailors” to the Emperor.
– Grandmother (or Grandfather): Loving guardian, who is at their wits end with those lazy grandchildren!
– Emperor of Kostroma: Always wants the newest fashion trend no matter it’s cost or practicality. Will his vanity get him in trouble?
– Empress of Kostroma: Loves any and all things that make her spouse happy!
– Royal Servants: Loyal to the Emperor and Empress.
– Ministers Isadora, Isabella, Ida & Izaiah: Royal Council of Advisors. Will they see the “magic” fabric in all it’s glory?
– Peasants Vonda, Victor, Victoria & Vlad: Ordered to bring whatever is needed to create the “magic” clothes.
– Townspeople Maxima, Misha, Mila & Max: Excited about the news, they speculate on who will be smart enough to see His Majesty’s magic clothes.
– Fruit Peddler, Baker, Milkman & Blacksmith: Selling their goods, but only cash will do!
– Emperor’s Prize Pony: The Blacksmith’s bright and beautiful horse.
*Subject to availability
Members Enjoy These Exclusive Benefits
*Subject to availability