The Center For The Arts Presents Summer Concert Series: Taj Mahal
Saturday, June 12, 2021
7:00pm (gates open at 5)
Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Regular: $85 – $95 • VIP: $250
- On-Sale to Public 5/11 • Member Presale Begins 4/29
- Sponsored by our friends at Baird: The Lee & Dunn Group & Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
(Ticket price includes $2 facility fee for in-person events where applicable. Fees for online purchases may apply.
Members:Login to receive your discounts at checkout.)
Outdoors & Socially Distanced at the fairgrounds!
The Center for the Arts is thrilled to host a series of outdoor shows; intimate, pod-based, physically distant and with very limited capacity. The Summer Concert Series will take place on the Meadow Green at the Nevada County Fairgrounds on select Saturdays in June and July. Stay tuned for more artist announces!
Taj Mahal is a legendary blues artist and towering musical figure who has won multiple Grammy awards among other accolades including a membership in the Blues Hall of Fame. At nearly 78 years old, Mahal continues to captivate audiences with his music that has been inspired by his origins in Southern America, Africa, and the Caribbean. His sound is completely his own. “I just want to be able to make the music that I’m hearing come to me — and that’s what I did,” said Mahal. “When I say, ‘I did,’ I’m not coming from the ego. The music comes from somewhere. You’re just the conduit it comes through. You’re there to receive the gift.”
Ticketing | On Sale to Public May 11 @ 10:00 a.m.
- General Admission: $95, Members $85*
- VIP Package: $250 (Includes: 2 Tickets, 1 Reserved VIP Pod, 1 Parking Pass, 1 Picnic Blanket, 2 Kleen Kanteen Cups, Early Entry)
- ADD-ONS: Parking Pass for $6 • Wine/Beer Packages for $35
- GET TICKETS
- Member Presale Begins April 29*
- — Encore Club: Thu. April 29 @ 10 a.m.
- — Next Stage Crew, Cast & Devotee Members: Tue. May 4 @ 10 a.m.
- — Fan Club Members: Fri. May 7 @ 10 a.m.
- *Members: you must be logged in to access your presale and special member pricing.
The Summer Concert Series is Sponsored By
We have created a plan to gather together safely, but it is going to take everyone — the staff, the artists, crew and YOU — doing their part. The Center for the Arts looks forward to welcoming you back to live music, and are confident that the experience can take place safely with everyone’s cooperation. We’re all in this together.
What to know at a glance:
- Each pod is 8′ x 8′
- Pods are distanced from each other by six feet on all sides
- Four people maximum per pod
- Masks required anytime outside of pod
- Food and drinks only consumed in pod
- Parking and concessions can be purchased online at time of ticket purchase
- Only low profile chairs no higher than 28” allowed in the front and VIP section
Concessions: All patrons are encouraged to purchase in advance. Beer & Wine Packages are available for purchase with your ticket. We will have your drinks on ice waiting for you at your assigned bar when you arrive. No outside food or drink is allowed. Additional concessions and merchandise can be ordered onsite at the bar located in your seated section.
When you arrive: Guests will be asked COVID-19 screening questions, and receive a temperature check. General Admission ticket holders will be assigned a pod upon arriving at the gate on a first-come first-serve basis. VIP ticket holders will have a specially reserved pod. Please note only low profile chairs no higher than 28” will be allowed in the front and VIP sections. To help with the seating process please arrive with your party (maximum 4 per pod.)
While On-Site: After parking, you will be required to wear a mask throughout the premises when not in your pod. Please have your mask ready. Unfortunately we cannot allow communal dancing but if you want to boogie with your pod-mates, go right ahead. Food and drinks may only be consumed while in your pod.
We are all in this together. Your cooperation is key to ensuring we get back to our normal home inside our beautifully renovated Center. Please help us by adhering to the guidelines we have set, and thank you for your continued support.
Nevada County Fairgrounds
11228 McCourtney Rd.
Grass Valley, CA 95949 [map]