The Center For The Arts Presents Spring Hip Hop Dance Class *SOLD OUT*
April 7 – May 26, 2021
Wednesdays, 1:00 - 2:30pm
Get moving with Chanthou Lam.
Move through a conscious and cultural exploration of Hip Hop dancing – popping, locking, and basic break dancing combined with Dancehall and Funk. Students will find their comfort zone, while being encouraged on individuality and confidence in movement. The class will explore themes surrounding social engagement and in social justice activism.
Class begins with a warm-up, progresses through isolations, and ends with a combination that ties it all together. Students will learn to translate the rhythmic qualities of music into movement and learn to “follow the leader” through a variety of techniques. Chanthou Lam’s approach to teaching is all about helping dancers find their comfort zone, while encouraging individuality and confidence in movement.
Chanthou has a BA in Dance and Theatre and an MS in Kinesiology. Her teaching styles include Hip Hop, Funk, Afro-Cuban, Afro-Caribbean, Dancehall, Modern and more!
Developed for students ages 8–14, classes are taught in the theater at The Center for the Arts.
- Fee: $200 (materials included)
- The Center for the Arts • Theater
- 314 W. Main Street
- Grass Valley, CA [map]
- Chanthou Lam
Date / Time:
- Wednesdays, April 7 – May 26 (8)
- 1:00 – 2:30pm
Thanks to our Youth Arts Sponsors and anonymous private donors, we are proud to offer $10,000 in Scholarships for Summer Camps and Classes in order to increase access to the arts for youth in our community.
Contact Programs Manager, Brynn Farwell: email@example.com
Thank you to our Youth Arts Sponsors
Covid-19 Protocols for 2021 Arts Education
• Face coverings (mask, shield, cover) will be highly recommended for students participating in youth arts programming. Free disposable face masks will be available in each camp and must be used if children are not able to be six feet apart. Cloth face masks will be required for all instructors and aides in the classrooms.
• Capacity Limitations will be strictly enforced to ensure children are spaced six feet apart. 10 participants will be allowed in each session.
• Social Distancing must be maintained at all times during classes. This will be monitored by the instructors and the aides. Class activities will encourage distancing throughout the programs.
• Hand Washing will be required at the beginning of the class and after the break time for all students in the session.
• Wellness Checks will be conducted for all students upon arrival with a no touch thermometer.
• Food Snacks and water will not be provided and should be brought from home. Sharing of food or snacks will not be permitted among students.
For more info please refer to our COVID-19 Business Operations Plan.