An exploration of line, color, form, value, and perspective through a sequential series of fun classes that introduce fundamental concepts in the practice of artmaking. Each class combines the lesson with a brief history of some of the artists and movements that best illustrate the principles being taught.
Week One: Taking a Line for a Walk
Week Two: Contrast in Action- Printmaking
Week Three: Pop Art- The Repeated Image as Value and Pattern
Week Four: Still Life- Seeing Forms within Objects
Week Five: Perspective Drawing
Week Six: Learning Abstraction, Collage and Mixed Media
Week Seven: Box Constructions
Week Eight: Finishing our Work for Presentation
Developed for students ages 8–14, classes are taught in the Dance Studios located in The Center for the Arts.
- Fee: $200 (materials included)
- The Center for the Arts • Dance Studio 2
- 314 W. Main Street
- Grass Valley, CA [map]
- Lynlee Lyckberg
Date / Time:
- Wednesdays, April 7 – May 26 (8)
- 10 AM – 12 PM
Thanks to our Youth Arts Sponsors and anonymous private donors, we are proud to offer $10,000 in Scholarships for Summer Camps and Classes in order to increase access to the arts for youth in our community.
Contact Programs Manager, Brynn Farwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Youth Arts Sponsors
Covid-19 Protocols for 2021 Arts Education
• Face coverings (mask, shield, cover) will be highly recommended for students participating in youth arts programming. Free disposable face masks will be available in each camp and must be used if children are not able to be six feet apart. Cloth face masks will be required for all instructors and aides in the classrooms.
• Capacity Limitations will be strictly enforced to ensure children are spaced six feet apart. 10 participants will be allowed in each session.
• Social Distancing must be maintained at all times during classes. This will be monitored by the instructors and the aides. Class activities will encourage distancing throughout the programs.
• Hand Washing will be required at the beginning of the class and after the break time for all students in the session.
• Wellness Checks will be conducted for all students upon arrival with a no touch thermometer.
• Food Snacks and water will not be provided and should be brought from home. Sharing of food or snacks will not be permitted among students.
For more info please refer to our COVID-19 Business Operations Plan.