The Center For The Arts Presents In Conversation with Julia Amaral, Journey to the South Pole
Sunday, March 7, 2021
4:00pm PST • Online via Zoom
The conversation describes how Julia Amaral successfully arrived at Antarctica and the South Pole. She shares experiences of Emperor penguins and Leopard Seals. There is a select history of firsts on Antarctica and what it was like staying a night on the Polar Plateau and being at the South Pole on Christmas Eve. Hiking above ice waves and other activities round out the adventure.
ABOUT THE EXPERT: Julia Amaral is a long time Nevada County resident who has traveled to more than 120 countries and explored all corners of the world.
- ICW // LIFESTYLE
- The Center For The Arts In Conversation with
- Julia Amaral, Journey to the South Pole
- Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 4pm • Online
- Free to Members / Public $10
- — Member Benefit Alert — Members of The Center for the Arts get access to Free online content including this series, concerts, artist talks, PLUS replays are allowed exclusively to members via an On-Demand Video Library. To access these benefits become a member today.
A new series beginning 2021. Join The Center for the Arts In Conversation With local celebrities exploring the topics of Nature, Food, Lifestyle and Art. From tattoo artists to mushroom hunters, naturalists to nutritionists, farmers to brew masters, this weekly series will feature the very best of Nevada County. Hosted by Jacob Freydont-Attie, each conversation provides an opportunity to interact with the experts in a Q&A via Zoom.
Sundays at 4pm • Tickets: $10 Public, Free for Members
- Sunday, March 7th | 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Sunday, March 14th | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, March 14th | 4:00 pm
- Sunday, April 4th | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm