- This event has passed.
The Center For The Arts Presents In Conversation With Jessica Flanigan: Gut Nutrition How to heal your gut with nutrition and why you should care
Sunday, January 10, 2021
4:00pm PST • Online via Zoom
- Tickets: Free to Members / Public $10
(Ticket price includes $2 facility fee for in-person events where applicable. Fees for online purchases may apply.)
A new series beginning January 3. Join The Center for the Arts In Conversation With local celebrities exploring the topics of Nature, Food, Lifestyle and Art. From tattoo artists to mushroom hunters, naturalists to nutritionists, farmers to brew masters, this weekly series will feature the very best of Nevada County. Hosted by Jacob Freydont-Attie, each conversation provides an opportunity to interact with the experts in a Q&A via Zoom.
Sundays at 4pm • Tickets: $10 Public, Free for Members
Each of us has more than 4,000 sq ft of intestinal lining in our gut. What we eat and how we care for our gut is crucial for long term health. Wading through all the information available to us these days can be overwhelming. What are the most important things to understand to keep your gut healthy? Do probiotics work? What foods are the most anti-inflammatory? What about stool tests? Let’s dive in, together, to understand this fascinating area of nutrition.
ABOUT THE EXPERT: Jessica Flanigan is a Clinical Nutritionist, Co-founder of the Institute of Spiritual Coaching, and author of the first mind-body book about Autoimmune Disease called The Loving Diet. She has spent the last 9 years of her clinical practice focusing on the Autoimmune Paleo Diet but has since moved on to more advanced gut protocols to help her clients remove restriction from their healing plan and now works with those struggling with disordered eating and Orthorexia in her program Transformational Eating.
- ICW // FOOD
- The Center For The Arts In Conversation with
- Jessica Flanigan: How to Heal Your Gut With Nutrition (& Why You Should Care
- Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 4pm • Online
- Free to Members / Public $10
- — Member Benefit Alert — Members of The Center for the Arts get access to Free online content including this series, concerts, artist talks, PLUS replays are allowed exclusively to members via an On-Demand Video Library. To access these benefits become a member today.
ABOUT THE HOST: Jacob Freydont-Attie is a writer, filmmaker, graphic designer, and former lingerie salesman. He grew up in rural Nevada County without the distractions of electricity, telephones, or television. After receiving a B.A. in religious studies from Oberlin College, he spent ten years on Hollywood Blvd running the family business, the world’s largest lingerie store. His first feature film, String Theory, was featured in numerous festivals and is available on DVD and through streaming. His documentary on climate change and capitalism can be viewed for free at www.crossofthemoment.com.
- Sunday, February 7th | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, February 14th | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, February 21st | 4:00 pm