- This event has passed.
For the last decade, the Center for the Arts has supported the fine arts community of Nevada County through it’s programming in the Granucci Multi-Purpose Room (previously the Van Gogh Room) and the Main Gallery. In the name of progress it is time, once again, for The Center to renovate portions of its’ facilities in order better serve our Mission. Once completed, The Center will have a new Gallery, one where the Main Gallery currently resides. In commemoration of this change, our last group exhibition will be curated for the Granucci Multi-Purpose Room and the Main Gallery before renovations begin.
The exhibition, “End Scene: Small-ish Works” is a multi-media group exhibition featuring artists of all ages throughout Nevada County. The show is themed after the concept that when one thing ends, another begins. It calls for a reflection of the past and an expectation for the future; it points towards moments of transition; it states that this is only the beginning of what is to come and that we are continuously chasing a more enriched, lively, educated, and supportive community in the arts.
CALL TO ARTISTS: Small Works
Open to Nevada County Residents. All ages. Entry fee: $5. 2D & 3D. Size Limitation.
The Center for the Arts is about to undergo some renovations including our gallery spaces! In commemoration of this event, the Center is hosting a county-wide, multi-media, group exhibition open to all ages as the last show in the Granucci Room and the Main Gallery before the changes are made.
– Must be a Nevada County Resident.
– Works must be equal to, or less than, 2x2x2 feet (no more than 4 square feet (2D), OR 8 cubic feet(3D).
– Artist may submit up to 3 pieces, which does not guarantee that each piece will be selected for the exhibition.
– Artwork must be work with or around the concept of “ends to beginnings” (see above statement).
– Artworks must be clearly labeled on the back/underneath with Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions/Duration, and Price.
– Artist must submit an online application through the following link:
– Artist must pay an entry fee (not application fee) of $5 to help cover the cost of promotional and gallery materials.
– Application Deadline: Friday, March 30, 2018.
– Acceptance Notification: before Saturday, April 14, 2018.
– Artwork Drop Off/Installation: April 21st-April 23rd.
– Exhibition Runs: Tues-Sat, Noon-5pm, April 24th-May16th, 2018.
– Reception: April 27th, 6pm-8pm.
– Artwork Deinstallation: May 17th, 9am-5pm.
Artwork sold in the CFTA Galleries are subject to a 30/70% split between the Gallery/Artist.
*Subject to availability
Members Enjoy These Exclusive Benefits
*Subject to availability