- This event has passed.
The Center For The Arts Presents Drawing 101
Fridays, April 23 – May 28, 2021
5:15 - 6:15pm | All Ages
Learn the basics of drawing from what kind of materials you can use to incorporating line, volume, and light! This six week course will provide you with all the tools necessary to begin drawing however and whatever you desire.
Developed for all ages, classes are taught in the Dance Studios located in The Center for the Arts.
4/23 • Drawing: Types and Tools
4/30 • Lines: What Good Are They?
5/07 • Focus: They Eye/Hand Connection
5/14 • Introducing Mass and Volume
5/21 • Light and Shadow
5/28 • Using Your Skills: Castle Drawing
About the Teacher:
Linda Neely has a Master of Fine Arts degree. She has spent years studying several mediums of art-making, the history of art and artists, art philosophy, design, color theory, etc. She has been an instructor at Chico State University and facilitated art healing groups.
- Fee: $200 (basic materials supplied)
- The Center for the Arts • Dance Studio 2
- 314 W. Main Street
- Grass Valley, CA [map]
- Linda Neely
Date / Time:
- Fridays, April 23 – May 28, 2021 (6)
- 5:15 – 6:15pm
Contact Programs Manager, Brynn Farwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid-19 Protocols for 2021 Arts Education
• Face coverings (mask, shield, cover) will be highly recommended for students participating in youth arts programming. Free disposable face masks will be available in each camp and must be used if children are not able to be six feet apart. Cloth face masks will be required for all instructors and aides in the classrooms.
• Capacity Limitations will be strictly enforced to ensure children are spaced six feet apart. 10 participants will be allowed in each session.
• Social Distancing must be maintained at all times during classes. This will be monitored by the instructors and the aides. Class activities will encourage distancing throughout the programs.
• Hand Washing will be required at the beginning of the class and after the break time for all students in the session.
• Wellness Checks will be conducted for all students upon arrival with a no touch thermometer.
• Food Snacks and water will not be provided and should be brought from home. Sharing of food or snacks will not be permitted among students.
For more info please refer to our COVID-19 Business Operations Plan.
More Arts Ed from The Center
There are no upcoming events at this time.
*Subject to availability
Members Enjoy These Exclusive Benefits
*Subject to availability