The Center For The Arts Presents Creative Dance for Brain & Body
Saturdays, beginning April 10, 2021
10am - 11:15am • Outdoors
- One-Time, Drop-In Classes
- Save 25% when you sign up with 4 friends, or when you purchase 4 classes using offer code Workshops25
(Ticket price includes $2 facility fee for in-person events where applicable. Fees for online purchases may apply.
Members:Login to receive your discounts at checkout.)
Get moving with Azriel LaMarca
An adult movement class designed for dancers of all levels. Warm up your body with intelligent movement sequencing, exercise your brain and memory, and enjoy dancing with others. Includes a thorough warmup, heart opening QiGong exercises, simple technique and choreography, and improvisation. No dance experience required. Open to all adults who want to move!
Special notes: we will be dancing outdoors in the parking lot. Therefore, there will be no floor work or jumps, and lightweight athletic shoes or sturdy dance shoes are required. Masks will be optional when we can maintain six feet of distance, but will be required when we’re moving in close proximity with one another. In case of rain, class will be held indoors, masks will be required, and we will maintain six feet distance at all times.
About the Instructor
Azriel LaMarca has a degree in dance and theatrefrom UC Santa Cruz and has taught locally for the Nevada Union Theatrical DanceProgram, The Movement Alliance, and North Columbia Schoolhouse Cultural CenterArt Camp. Azriel has performed professionally with the Zen MonkeyProject, The Glass Bead Players, The Linda Bair Dance Company, Shadow Cabinet, andwith her dance partner, Shari Brookler.
- Fee: $15/class
- Get 25% Off if you sign up for 4 classes (or 4 people for one class). Use offer code: Workshops25
- The Center for the Arts, Lower Parking Lot (Outside, Behind The Center)
- 315 Richardson Street
- Grass Valley, CA [map]
- Azriel LaMarca
Date / Time:
- Saturdays, beginning April 10
- 10:00am – 11:15pm
- These are one-time, drop-in classes
Contact Programs Manager, Brynn Farwell: email@example.com
Covid-19 Protocols for 2021 Arts Education
• Face coverings (mask, shield, cover) will be highly recommended for students participating in youth arts programming. Free disposable face masks will be available in each camp and must be used if students are not able to be six feet apart. Cloth face masks will be required for all instructors and aides in the classrooms.
• Capacity Limitations will be strictly enforced to ensure students are spaced six feet apart. 10 participants will be allowed in each session.
• Social Distancing must be maintained at all times during classes. This will be monitored by the instructors and the aides. Class activities will encourage distancing throughout the programs.
• Hand Washing will be required at the beginning of the class and after the break time for all students in the session.
• Wellness Checks will be conducted for all students upon arrival with a no touch thermometer.
• Food Snacks and water will not be provided and should be brought from home. Sharing of food or snacks will not be permitted among students.
For more info please refer to our COVID-19 Business Operations Plan.
More Classes at The Center
There are no upcoming events at this time.