OFF CENTER STAGE
The Center for the Arts presents
Wednesday, August 7, 10:00AM to 7:00PM
All levels welcome, 11-years-old and up
For more information and to register
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (453) 231-9776
Come sing with a vocal legend!
Marie Daulne of Zap Mama is bringing her Master Class in vocal technique and polyphonic expression. Zap Mama’s style is unique and loved by audiences of a’cappella, alternative funk, afrobeat, world, soul, jazz, hip-hop and more. Gathering techniques and inspiration from people and places around the world, Zap Mama has introduced many audiences to new genres of sound and storytelling.
*ALL LEVELS OF VOCAL EXPERIENCE!*
• Participants will learn some of Marie’s techniques and discover many of the differences and similarities between vocal sounds of African, European, and Indian polyphonies.
• You will learn a wide range of oral expressions including beat box, clicks and hyper-real tones.
• Attendees of this class will be invited to perform a song with Zap Mama at her upcoming full band concert on Aug 15th in Oakland at the New Parish!
• Class takes place over the course of four 2-hour sessions with a break for lunch.
• Tuition is $120 Limited scholarships are also available. Please send a private message to Mezzia Marie for inquiries regarding scholarship positions.
• We anticipate that this class will be full, so we strongly encourage you to RSVP and secure your seat by sending your tuition via Paypal to email@example.com
• For more info and footage of past master classes: http://www.zapmamaprojects.com/p/master-classes.html
This location is behind The Center for the Arts
We look forward to singing with you!!
The Off Center Stage is behind The Center for the Arts at 315 Richardson Street.