The Center For The Arts Presents Fall Colors Open Studios Art Tour of Nevada County
Saturday, October 7th 12:00 AM
The Center for the Arts presents
Fall Colors Open Studios Art Tour of Nevada County
Saturdays and Sundays Oct 7, 8 and 14, 15
Open House Preview Event: Thursday, October 5, 6:00 to 9:00PM
Extended application deadline to June 30th!
Early submissions will be accepted until June 30, for a fee of $35.
Open Studios is a self-guided tour through artist studios & fine art galleries in Western Nevada County.
The event takes place the second and third weekends in October and showcases fine art and fine craft in a broad range of media and styles. Open Studios contributes to public awareness about the quality and diversity of art created in our community and provides visitors with opportunities to view and purchase a wide range of original work by individual artists.
Additionally, Open Studios fosters an interest in, and a greater understanding of, the artistic process and provides the public with a unique opportunity to enter the world of a visual artist to experience how, why and where art is created.
Who may apply?
Participation in Open Studios is intended for professional artists who reside in Western Nevada County and are actively producing and exhibiting their work. An Open Studios site is defined as the artist’s regular workspace and must retain the atmosphere of art making, with materials, equipment, work-in-progress and processes visible. Open Studios is limited to 60 participants.
Members of The Center for the Arts or Nevada County Arts receive discounted pricing.
- • ARTIST – $165/$185 Member/Non-Member
- • GALLERY OR STOREFRONT – $200/$225 Member/Non-Member
- • Listing in Fall Colors Open Studios Guide (includes image, studio address, website and
- • Preview Exhibition at The Center for the Arts
- • Radio and print advertising in Nevada County, Sacramento, and Bay Area
- • Online marketing campaign through website, email and Facebook
- • Posters & postcards for your own distribution
- • All artists are required to participate Opening Weekend. Closing weekend is optional
(however, all studios are encouraged to participate both weekends).
- • Artists must provide a piece for the Preview Exhibit and agree to pay the 30% gallery fee to
The Center for the Arts (covers costs of administration sales coordination of sold work).
- • Studio locations are to remain open from 10:00AM – 5:00PM on listed days.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- Application Deadline: Friday, June 16, 2017
- Late submissions will be accepted until June 30, for a fee of $35.
- • Completed Application Form
- • Digital Images
- SEND TO: The Center for the Arts, Attn Open Studios, 314 West Main Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- You will be contacted by The Center for the Arts regarding your acceptance on the tour.
Artists participating in this year’s event can pick up promotional materials at The Center
for the Arts after confirmation of placement on tour and paid required fees.
Upon acceptance, you will be notified by the Center June 23. We will take payments June 24 to July 14.
- Contact Marni Marshall at The Center for the Arts by phone 530-274-8384, ext. 11 or email email@example.com.
Apply Online Now!
|Presented with support from|